5 in stock
Mamukko _ “Tallship Astrid iPad Navigator”
One of our strongest designs, the iPad Navigator is consistently with us. However the Astrid Tallship Sails are limited. We have made only 5 of these beautiful bags and are excited to see who they sail on with!
STV Astrid was a 41.90-metre (137 ft 6 in) long tall ship that was built in 1918 in the Netherlands as a lugger and originally named W.U.T.A., short for Wacht Uw Tijd Af meaning “Bide Your Time”. She was later transferred to Swedish ownership, renamed Astrid and sailed on the Baltic Sea until 1975. She then sailed under a Lebanese flag and was allegedly used for drug smuggling. After being found burnt out on the coast of England in the early 1980s, she was overhauled and used as a sailing training vessel. She was based in Weymouth, Dorset, United Kingdom and was informally known as “Weymouth’s vessel”. < > Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STV_Astrid
Astrid ran aground off the coast of Ireland on 24 July 2013, and subsequently sank, with all on board rescued. She was salvaged on 9 September 2013, but as the cost of restoring her was too high she was scrapped and broken up by April 2014.
* Front & back part from upcycled Tallship Astrid square sails
* Side, bottom & zip part from soft vintage leather
* Limited edition bag with unique ID, 5 made only
* Stitched on label on the back of the bag carrying the hand – stamped serial number of this unique product
* Handmade in Ireland by Mamukko
* Front zipped pocket & inside compartments
* Adjustable heavy cotton shoulder strap
* Handmade embossed leather label on the front
* Stitched to industrial strength with our well respected & looked after Adler & Singer sewing machines
* Size: 28 X 22 X 9 cm