Mamukko’s Lobster Pot holdall is crafted from rescued liferaft rubber, with a fishing net side pocket and lined with bright orange seconds emergency vest fabric. It also supports an inner blue pocket, with a red zip for necessities you don’t want to lose, like key’s, cards or phone. A handy gym or gear bag, and certainly great for weekends. The fishnet pocket is handy to hold wet items like togs to keep everything else dry.
Go your own way, that’s why it’s our hashtag!
1 in stock (can be backordered)
Natural decommissioned liferaft rubber feels glorious to those that are tactile. Exactly the feel you need if you were out on water drowning and looking for something to cling to. This rubber is magnetic to the touch and I’m guessing, its the nearest thing to acquiring electrostatic force to turn humans into water geckos or super spidermen that can climb and adhere to walls, or in this case, out of the water and safely into a bobbing liferaft.
Rescue on the Vendee Globe 2 December 2020
“As he pulled the inflation cord for his life raft, he was swept off the boat. Worried that the shards of carbon washing around him from the mast and hull would puncture the raft, he cut the tether, setting him and the raft free.”
Chris Museler – The Irish Times
Full story: Kevin Escoffier heroic rescue boat sunk Vendee Globe 2020
* Upcrafted from decommissioned natural liferaft and fishing net production offcut
* Cotton shoulder straps, zipped inside pocket and internal pocket
* Lined with an orange lift vest manufacturing remnant material, fish net pocket on the side
* Upcycled with passion & care in Ireland by Mamukko
* Stitched to industrial strength with our well respected & looked after Adler sewing machines
* Size: 48 cm X 25 cm X 25 cm