1 in stock (also available on backorder)
I only see about two or three of these come into Mamukko Shop annually so very unusual to have 6 variations to offer! The Camper sail is one of Mamukko’s much loved up cycled nautical material, although working with it, is, I’m told, a challenge. This is the sail that breaks most sewing machine needles and is extremely hard to cut due to its hi-tech strength and the layers of micro fibers.
Sails don’t always come in such a rich variations from deep Raspberry, white and peach orange. The fruits of the land were, this time, flaunted upon the sea, when this baby blew the “Lifelovers’ yacht around the world on the Volvo Ocean Race. It works well into the coming spring and summer weather, perfect on a french Riviera style holiday or at the Cannes film festival but, is absolutely stunning for beaches, yachts and marinas with a breezy tan, the white parts shine and it’s OH!, so practical with its ability to hold overnight gear, just in case you’re asked to stay! It keeps your things private with its leather zipped top and inner airplane seat leather pocket. Class.
Retro Style Level: Maria Callas, Bardot, Hepburn
Inner Companion: “Keep Close” Kevlar Camper Clutch”
* Limited Edition Tote bag made from up cycled Kevlar sail from the racing yacht “LifeLovers”
* Sailed from New Zealand, around the Asian and Indian Ocean, around the Cape of Good Hope, up into Europe and Spain where Mamukko picked up the sail.
* Sailed 39.270 Nautical miles with a duo teams from “Camper” and “Team Emirates from New Zealand on the Volvo Ocean Race
* Map of the world with voyage sailed traced by professional racing yacht
* Genuine black vegetal leather shoulder straps
* Navy Airplane seat leather patches to support bottom corners
* Navy Airplane seat leather zip part + inside pocket with Airplane Logo
* Lined with a grey fabric
* Soft grey leather closing off bag with special leather ring holder for pulling zip
* Black YKK zip with runner
* Made from extra Kevlar/carbon fiber bullet proof vest material
* Each is a One of One made Edition
* Handmade in Ireland by Mamukko family
* Stitched to industrial strength with our well respected & looked after Adler & Singer sewing machines
* Size: 37 x 48 x 15 cm D 54 14.5 x 19 x 6 D