This is the design that won the Mamukko bros a best product award in 2014 in Ireland’s Creative Expo using the Astrid Tallship sea water damaged sails. Mamukko also craft it from black decommissioned rubber liferafts, named Liferaft Duffle Deluxe. It’s very unusual to see the design adapted to ‘Lifelovers’ professional yacht race sail, and perhaps, the second ever created using this bullet proof Kevlar repurposed sail. It is the crème de la crème of Mamukko’s products, a real stunner. The sail journeyed part of the epic Volvo Ocean Race in 2011–12, a duo collaboration between Camper, the Spanish international footwear manufacturer and Emirates Team New Zealand. Racing was very close, down to minutes and seconds at the finish line after thousands of miles of ocean racing. Lifelovers proudly arrived finishing 2nd on four legs of the race. The race is considered one of the toughest events in sport, testing not just the hi-tech fabric, but also the competitors skill and endurance in some of the most extreme harsh climate conditions. This fabric has stood the test!
1 in stock (can be backordered)
This brightly coloured raspberry red/white sail is mixed with navy veg tanned leather, a strap and buckle on the front ties it in place. Cotton webbing straps make for a soft feel around the shoulder. Perfect for one, travelling by train, plane, automobile or boat, it is also ideal for sharing with family members, the real family holiday bag where the family’s added new treasures are accommodated by unrolling the top to expand almost double the size. The lightweight nature of the sailcloth is a surprise, while being highly water resistant.
Inner Companion: “Keep Close” Kevlar Camper Clutch”
Ladies Tote: Lifelover V.V Kevlar Camper Tote
* Crafted from original Camper Volvo Ocean Race sail, 20011/12 collaboration between “Camper” and “Team Emirates New Zealand
* Kevlar material, lined for comfort
* Award – winning design – Highly Commended award in Accessories Category @ Best Product Award – Showcase 2014, Ireland’s Creative Expo
* Exclusive deluxe edition bag with unique ID
* Navy Italian veg tan cow hide leather trimmings and front belt with brass buckle
* Sailcloth organically fused with blue leather components
* Cotton canvas handle strap
* Roll up opening + leather strap closure on the sides + front & suede blue inside pockets
* Stitched to industrial strength with our well respected & looked after Adler & Singer sewing machines
* Handmade embossed leather Mamukko label
* Upcycled with passion & care in Ireland by the Mamukko team
* Size: 60 X 35 X 30 ( 40 when unrolled ) cm
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.