Limited Edition 3/4
Funky crisscross black geometric lines, designed to withstand the pull of the wind in all directions, is the base for Mamukko’s Surreal funky tote. A whimsy green arrow streaks across the front and two opposite under corners are wrapped in transparent cubist green repair sail tape, the third corner is orange and fourth is a divine purple. The inside is lined in light grey Dacron. Again the design is unusual, not what we would expect, and certainly unlike what we are conventionally conditioned to believe desirable, ie. factory uniformity. Mamukko choose to push out conventional constraints in this subtle expression of liberty!
1 in stock
The coloured corners are not particularly balanced, and sewn, as if where fallen, randomly, but the quality is undeniable and for sure the designers are gently challenging us! Abstract and minimal, yet, expressive at the same time! Do we need to push out our collective boundaries, of what we considered ‘right’, just as the avant-garde Dadaist movement did back in the 20’s? Can we reconsider our understanding of perfect, and our choice to promote and choose that dream which invariably results in cruel and sad working conditions for our human family around the world? If it’s made by hand, there should always be the individual unique moment that stands out from the rest, as any piece of art, where we can share a part of the process with the artist and imagine the event, as if there with them, for a spell… where we learn a little of the craft, effortlessly.
The straps are dark green vegetal Italian leather and inside there is a shiny grey leather pocket made from upcycled airplane seat. The diverse rescued materials add to the futuristic or paralleled reality feel to this one of four totes. Certainly, a conversation piece!
Designed by Attila
Connected Product; DADA Cube III Carbon Sail Tote
* Genuine green vegetal leather shoulder straps
* Hook buckle on central top to close
* Lined with light grey fabric
* Inside upcycled grey soft sheen airplane seat leather pocket
* Bottom corners reinforced with two green, one orange, one purple sail repair tape.
* Unique serial number 7465
* Genuine light but strong carbon fibre Hugo Boss sail fabric from Neutrogena Imoca 60 professional monohull race
* Stitched to industrial strength with our well respected & looked after Adler & Singer sewing machines
* Handmade in Ireland by Mamukko
* Size: 33 x 46 x 14 cm Diagonal 52
“Black on white” “orange” “purple” “green”
“Carbon Fibre Sail” “Vegetal Italian Leather” “Airplane seat leather”
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.