Limited Edition 1/1
Call Out Buoy! Tote, part of the Buoy group of totes made for 2020, see below, are made using advanced hi-tech surface finishes. The straps are a red low sheen finish and this is set off with Mamukko’s new design addition of a leather loop that is held to pull the zip, a bright patinated orange leather. Red sail repair tape; also a new design element seen recently, first time in Jumping Jack Jive Mamukko’s first eReader bag, compliments the straps along the horizontal top edge of this tote. This is a well-weathered, charcoal and silver Hugo Boss sail, from the Imoca 60 race. The back of this tote is especially interesting. Original reinforcement seams and overlays make for a highly textured matt finish, which is partly why it gets it attractive name but the main reason is for the silver call out image on the front. It calls out it’s individuality for sure!
The attraction of the hands and materials to each other is distinctive in any craft. Early days, when nobody knew what up cycling was, Mamukko experimented through unwanted materials, such as tarpaulin, rope and blinds to settle on the toughest, most advanced technical and scientific cloth, which itself, was examined in most diverse and extreme weather condition on planet earth. Professional yacht racing, lasting months, are an endurance tests not just to the design and materials, but to human resilience in acute extremes. Could the Mamukko family be a parallel equivalent to these scientists in their field? Pioneers of their craft, tested to human endurance to physically work by hand with this carbon fibre transforming it from a linear sail to a high-end functional heirloom art piece. Respect.
Connected Product; Balance Buoy
* Genuine Hugo Boss carbon fibre sail cloth from the Imoca 60 monohull race
* Genuine red vegetal leather shoulder straps
* Red sail repair tape detail on sewn top
* Lined with a grey fabric
* Inside upcycled grey soft sheen airplane seat leather pocket and zip end
* Bottom corners reinforced with black leather and white stitching
* Black YKK zip with runner
* Made from extra heavy waterproof sail fabric
* Stitched to industrial strength with our well respected & looked after Adler & Singer sewing machines
* Handmade in Ireland by Mamukko designer couple, Nora and Attila
* Size: 34 x 44 x 12 cm
Charoal with a silver call out, Hugo Boss sail
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.